With its fertile soils and giant gum trees, Clare Valley was one of the earliest settlement areas in South Australia and is rich in historic buildings and quaint towns. Clare Country Club is within an easy drive of all of the key towns, including bustling transport hub, Auburn, the historic village of Mintaro, the ex-mining town of Burra and Sevenhill, home to the oldest winery in the Clare Valley.
From Clare Country Club, you can easily join the Riesling Trail, which is a 35k trail from Auburn to Clare, ideal for walking or cycling. It takes in scenic countryside and regional attractions along the way, has several loops to explore if you don’t want to undertake the entire length of the trail, and also connects with the popular Rattler Trail.
Facilities and Services
We are delighted to be able to offer our guests a range of quality facilities to enhance your stay with us, including our resort facilities of tennis court, gym, swimming pool, sauna and spa. Guests can also hire bikes or play golf on the adjacent top-rated golf course. We also ensure the basics are covered, with free WiFi, free car parking, guest laundry facilities, and multiple picnic and BBQ areas around our beautifully maintained grounds for you to enjoy at your leisure.
- Free WiFi.
- Free car parking.
- Outdoor swimming pool, spa & sauna.
- Tennis courts & gym.
- Picnic & BBQ areas.
- Bike hire.
- Conners Restaurant & Bar.
- Guest laundry.
- 18 hole Clare golf course.
- Clare Convention Centre & function rooms.
- Tesla charging station, see Tesla’s destination charging location map for more details.
Things to do
- Wine Tasting in the renowned Clare Valley wine region
- Riesling Trail (walk or cycle) – we recommend Riesling Trail Bike Hire, who can deliver & collect bikes to/from the Country Club – More Info
- Clare Golf Club
- Martindale Hall
- Clare Valley Model Engineers – train operates every second and fourth weekend of each month
- Antique stores & Museums
- Country Markets
- Mintaro Maze
- Clare Valley Art Gallery
- Clare Valley food trail
- Gleeson wetlands
- Lake Bumbunga
- Simpson Rices Creek
- Red Banks Conservation Park
- Burra Heritage Passport, taking in the Burra Monster Mines
- Bundaleer Forest at Jamestown
- Clare Gourmet Weekend
- Bungaree Station Tours – More Info